Terms and condition
Desh Ki Sehat, Desh Ka Namak
This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
The domain name www.tatasalt.com (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”) is owned by Tata Chemicals Ltd., with its registered office at Bombay House, 24, Homy Modi Street, Fort, Mumbai-40001, India hereinafter referred to as "TCL".
- “User” shall mean and refer to the viewer of the website, who surfs the Website.
- “Product” Product shall mean and include Tata Salt, Tata Salt Plus, Tata Salt Lite, Tata Salt Black Salt, Tata Salt Pink Salt, Tata Salt Sprinklers and Tata Salt Flavoritz manufactured or marketed by TCL under the brand name Tata Salt.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- We do not provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the opinion, reviews or comments of any third party, on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any product or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- All the products displayed on the website are formulated in lines with applicable laws and usage of any of the product depends on your conditions, health, requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned or licensed by TCL. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the law or the time being in force, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website are the property of, or licensed to or applied for by TCL.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of India.
1. User’s Obligations
2. Disclaimer with respect to Products
The products shown on this website are for display purposes only and TCL is not selling these products qua this website. The Website is only a platform that can be utilized by Users to know about the Tata Salt Products. TCL is only providing a platform for showcasing the products qua this website
3. Use of the Website
- User agrees, undertakes and confirms that his use of Website shall be strictly governed by the following binding principles:
- User shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information that:
- belongs to another person and to which User does not have any right to;
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
- is unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing including but not limited to "indecent representation of women" within the meaning of the Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act, 1986;
- is misleading in any way;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters", or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
- infringes upon or violates any third party's rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, rights of privacy (including without limitation unauthorized disclosure of a person's name, email address, physical address or phone number) or rights of publicity;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- contains restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- provides material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or otherwise inappropriate manner or solicits personal information from anyone;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons or any other objects, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- contains video, photographs, or images of another person (with a minor or an adult);
- tries to gain unauthorized access or exceeds the scope of authorized access to the Website or to profiles, blogs, communities, account information, bulletins, or other areas of the Website or solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
- engages in commercial activities and/or sales without TCL’s prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising and pyramid schemes, or the buying or selling of "virtual" products related to the Website;
- solicits gambling or engages in any gambling activity which TCL, in its sole discretion, believes is or could be construed as being illegal;
- interferes with another User's use and enjoyment of the Website;
- harm minors in any way;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights or third party's trade secrets or rights of publicity or privacy or fraudulent or involves the sale of counterfeit or stolen products;
- violates any law for the time being in force;
- deceives or misleads the addressee/ users about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- impersonates another person;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource; or contains any trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, diminish value of, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, India’s friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation;
- directly or indirectly, offers, attempts to offer, trades or attempts to trade in any item, the dealing of which is prohibited or restricted in any manner under the provisions of any applicable law, rule, regulation or guideline for the time being in force;
- creates any liability for TCL or causes TCL to lose (in whole or in part) the services of its internet service provider ("ISPs") or other suppliers.
- User shall not use any "deep-link", "page-scrape", "robot", "spider" or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Website or any content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website or any content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Website. TCL reserves its right to bar any such activity.
- User shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Website, or any other systems or networks connected to the Website or to any server, computer, network, or to any of the services offered on or through the Website, by hacking, password "mining" or any other illegitimate means.
- User shall not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Website or any network connected to the Website nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Website or any network connected to the Website. User may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other User of or visitor to Website, or any other User, including any account on the Website not owned by the User, to its source, or exploit the Website or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Website, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than User’s own information, as provided for by the Website.
- User shall not make any negative, denigrating or defamatory statement(s) or comment(s) about TCL or the brand name or domain name used by TCL including the terms TCL, or otherwise engage in any conduct or action that might tarnish the image or reputation, of TCL on the Website or otherwise tarnish or dilute any of TCL’s trade or service marks, trade name and/or goodwill associated with such trade or service marks, trade name as may be owned or used by TCL. User agrees that he will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Website or TCL’s systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to TCL.
- User agrees not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any transaction being conducted on the Website, or with any other person's use of the Website.
- User may not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin or transmittal of any message the User sends to TCL on or through the Website or any service offered on or through the Website. User may not pretend that he is, or that he represents someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity.
- User shall at all times ensure full compliance with the provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules thereunder as applicable and as amended from time to time and also all applicable domestic laws, rules and regulations (including the provisions of any applicable exchange control laws or other such regulations in force) and international laws, foreign exchange laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations The User shall not engage in any transaction in an item or service, which is prohibited by the provisions of any applicable law including exchange control laws or regulations for the time being in force.
- User shall not engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, other Users of the Website to buy any products or services, including, but not limited to, products or services related to that being displayed on the Website or related to TCL. User may not transmit any chain letters or unsolicited commercial or junk email to other Users via the Website.
- The User acknowledges that TCL is required to report cyber security incidents related information with appropriate authority and relevant data in connection therewith, which report may include data of the Users and their activities on the Website.
- User shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information that:
4. Content Posted on Site
- All text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music and artwork ("Content"), is TCL’s generated Content.
- The User may use information on the products purposely made available on the Website for downloading, provided that (1) the User does not remove any proprietary notice language in all copies of such documents, (2) the User uses such information only for his personal, non-commercial informational purpose and does not copy or post such information on any networked computer or broadcast it in any media, (3) the User does not make modifications to any such information, and (4) the User does not make any additional representations or warranties relating to such documents.
5. Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
- This Website, all the products, included on or otherwise made available to the User through this Website are provided on "as is" and "as available" basis without any representation or warranties, express or implied except otherwise specified in writing. Without prejudice to the forgoing paragraph, TCL does not represent or warrant that this website will be constantly available, or available at all.
- In addition to making Products available, this Website also offers information and marketing materials. This Website also offers information, both directly and through indirect links to third-party websites, about nutritional and dietary supplements. TCL does not always create the information offered on this Website; instead the information is often gathered from other sources. To the extent that TCL does create the content on this Website, such content is protected by intellectual property laws of the India, foreign nations, and international bodies. Unauthorized use of the material may violate copyright, trademark, and/or other laws. User shall acknowledge that his use of the content on this Website is for personal, non-commercial use. Any links to third-party websites are provided solely as a convenience for the user. TCL does not endorse the contents on any such third-party websites and is not responsible for the content of or any damage that may result from your access to or reliance on these third-party websites. If you link to third-party websites, you do so at your own risk.
- Use of this website and/or products are at your sole risk. The website and products are offered on an "as is" and "as available" basis. TCL expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement with respect to the products or website content, or any reliance upon or use of the website content or products. ("products" include trial products.)
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, TCL makes no warranty:
- that the information provided on this website is accurate, reliable, complete, or timely.
- that the links to third-party websites are to information that is accurate, reliable, complete, or timely.
- no advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from this website will create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
- as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the products or that defects in products will be corrected.
- Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
- TCL will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages in connection with this agreement or the products in any manner, including liabilities resulting from (1) the use or the inability to use the website content or products; (2) the cost of procuring substitute products or content; (3) any lost profits you allege.
6. Trademark, Copyright and Restriction
This site is controlled and operated by TCL. All material on this site, including the Content on the Website, images, illustrations, audio clips, and video clips, are protected by copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights. The User must not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute such material in any way, including by email or other electronic means and whether directly or indirectly and also, the User must not assist any other person to do so.
7. Applicable Law
8. Proprietary Rights.
TCL has proprietary rights and trade secrets in the Products. User shall not copy, reproduce, resell or redistribute any Product manufactured and/or distributed by TCL. TCL also has rights to all trademarks and trade dress and specific layouts of this webpage, including text placement, images and other information.
9. Jurisdiction for Dispute Resolution
- The arbitration proceedings shall be held in Mumbai, India and conducted in English.
BY USING THIS WEBSITE OR ORDERING PRODUCTS FROM THIS WEBSITE YOU AGREE&NBSP;TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.